Landlords need to make sure their smoke alarms and insulation are up to scratch following recent changes to legislation. If you own a rental property, it’s time to make sure you’re compliant – or risk some hefty fines (and unhappy tenants).
What are the new standards?
The new legislation means:
- Effective 1 July 2016, landlords must have the right type of smoke alarms installed in the right places
- Effective 1 July 2016, insulation statements are compulsory on all tenancy agreements
- By 1 July 2019, ceiling and underfloor insulation will be compulsory where it is reasonably practicable to install
Learn more about the changes to rental property smoke alarm regulations and insulation standards.
It’s easy to see the benefits of these new regulations. We all know that smoke alarms save lives. While a well-insulated property helps create a warmer, healthier environment.
Get ready with our FREE ASSESSMENT* for properties in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch (worth $300!)
Iron Bridge Property Management offer total peace-of-mind for your rental property investment. That includes our unique 100% Occupancy Guarantee.
Until 31 July 2017, we’re also offering all new property management clients a free assessment* to make sure your rental is compliant with the legislative changes.
Our free assessment* is worth up to $300 and includes:
- A site visit by a qualified technician
- Detailed inspection report
- Free installation of any required photo-electric smoke alarms
- If extra insulation is needed, detail of what is required
- If appropriate, compliance certification will be issued
Contact us today
With Iron Bridge, there’s no better way to look after your investment. Simply contact our team today to find out how our services could benefit you – and get your rental property compliant in the process!
* Conditions apply. Offer expires 31 July 2017. Only available to new Iron Bridge Property Management clients. Property to be inspected must be located in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
Download a PDF of this blog.